KNOWING GOD, THE PATHWAY TO GLORY-DISCOVERY
Now, let me take it to another level. Why is it so important to know God? Knowing God is the pathway to the discovery of His glory. The entire creation is an extension or a display of God’s glory, the discovery or knowledge of His glory will lead you to the absolute discovery of yourself in God, as His ultimate glory-container and legitimate glory-dispenser, which will in turn aid your manifestation of the glory, thereby functioning according to design.
“These people have I formed for Myself, they shall show forth My Praise.” Is. 43:21
The word translated praise above is from the Hebrew word Tehillah, which also means, among other things, glory. Praise simply means calling attention to God’s glory. So, we can paraphrase the scripture above as, “They shall call attention to My Glory.” To “show forth” suggests you have it and have discovered, and ready to maximize it. But the starting point is knowing the Giver, for whom it was meant in the first place.
How Then Can You Know God Accurately And Intimately?
This is possible when you have a dedicated personal timeout with God on a regular basis. Become an addict of His presence through constant personal devotion with Him through the study of His Word, and practice talking to and receiving from Him through prayers or simply through a normal friendly father-child conversation with Him.
He longs to talk to you, as a matter of fact, He speaks with you all the time through many mediums, but hearing directly from Him requires a good level of intimacy.
The best way to know a person is to relate with him directly, same is applicable to knowing God, which is best done by relating with His Word.
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 2 Cor. 3:18
You will know Him when you relate with Him through the mirror of His Word, and also be transformed into His image that you see in the mirror (of His Word).
When you look into a mirror, whom do you see? Yourself! Each time you look into the mirror of the Word, you see God as He is, and since who you are lies in who He is, then you see yourself in Him.
But you must realize, according to the scripture above that, not everyone who looks into the mirror sees an accurate image.
It takes the Spirit of God to see an accurate image in the mirror of God’s Word. That means you must interact with the Word spiritually, but not like the way you read novels of magazines.
Therefore, the indispensable first factor to a meaningful existence and maximized purpose is to know God accurately and intimately, when you engage the forces of His Word and His Spirit.
- Start a personal relationship with God, the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ, has redeemed you, therefore, claim Him as your personal savior.
- Form the habit of studying His accounts about Himself – the Bible. Make a deliberate conscious effort to study it consistently and remember to ask His Spirit to help your understanding of the Word.
- Practice His presence. Be God-conscious in all you do, knowing and believing that He is with you always.
- Acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit, initiate a conversation with Him the same way you would talk to your earthly father or a close friend; be sure to expect Him to respond.
- Don’t go in and out of His presence like most of us do, abide there!
- Do things that will reflect your affection for Him – and I think the way to show affection is through QUALITY TIME.
“Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.” Acts 20:32